Week 2 – Nutrition Month Challenge
The theme for Week 2 is Habits Around Eating. As the new Food Guide highlights, it’s not just about what we eat – but how we eat. Consider trying out some of this week’s daily challenges to help you adopt some new healthy eating habits!
- Make a homemade meal that follows the plate method
- Follow mindful eating activity (see YouTube link below)
- Eat mindfulness for all meals in one day
- Eat a meal with others
- Eat something that you truly want to eat and enjoy it (pay attention to the flavor, texture and smell)
- Pay attention to your hunger and fullness cues when eating (see information below)
– Activity: Chocolate meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfyWfBVOBEs
– Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIm2zxzG3U
Hunger and fullness cues:
Before you take a bite for food, rate your hunger on the following scale. Try to check in with your body while you are eating, and rate your hunger again after you finish your food. Ideally, you want to avoid the extremes; eat before you are starving, and stop when you are satisfied or full.