Week 3 – Nutrition Month Challenge
The theme for Week 3 of MFHT’s Nutrition Challenge is Increasing Produce and Advertisement Awareness. To learn more about food marketing and how it can influence your food choices, click here
Week 3 Daily Challenges:
- Select a grain product that is high in fiber (under 5% is a little and over 15% is a lot). Click here for more information.
- Limit highly processed foods to once this week. For more information, click here.
- Healthier fats are plant-based or come from fish/seafood. Include a healthy fat source in your day (i.e. nuts, olive oil, etc.)
- Get rid of the salt shaker for one day
- Find an item that is marketed to be healthy and evaluate its nutrition facts table
- Look at the following videos and name 3-5 things that are problematic with the way food/body image is being advertised: