Patients of the Marathon Family Health Team will be asked to enroll to the group.
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) include physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, registered dietitians, social workers and a range of other health care professionals who are committed to working together to provide comprehensive, accessible, coordinated primary health care services to their enrolled populations. The teams emphasize prevention and healthy living as much as treating illness.
Enroling with a FHT ensures the following:
- Enhanced reminder services for wellness and illness prevention strategies such as:
- Pap tests and colorectal screening
- Flu shots
- Infant immunization
- Smoking Cessation
- Management of patients with chronic illnesses such as diabetes
- Other screening tests
- Access to primary care treatment, emergency treatment or telephone health advice (Telephone Health Advisory Service) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Alternate appointments with other healthcare providers of the Family Health Team, such as Registered Nurses, Social Worker, Registered Dietitian, Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare Assistant and part-time specialty programs such as Cardiology and Psychiatry.
By completing and signing the Patient Enrolment Form, patients commit to the following:
- To seek treatment from their family doctor or the team first, unless you are traveling or find yourselves in an emergency situation outside of the community.
- You are agreeing to allow the Ministry of Health access to our billing information regarding healthcare services given to you for preventive health services such as annual health exams, mammograms, immunization and colorectal screening.
Patients remain enrolled unless they are no longer eligible for OHIP, move outside of the geographic area of the FHT, enroll with another group, or choose to cancel their enrolment.
Please inform the Marathon Family Health Team if you are receiving treatment from another doctor outside of the FHT.