April 20, 2023 – Marathon RAAM (Rapid Access Addiction Medicine) Clinic services are offered in collaboration by the Marathon Family Health Team (MFHT), North of Superior Counselling Programs (NOSP) and People Advocating for Change through Empowerment (PACE).
MFHT, NOSP and PACE are pleased to announce that RAAM drop-in services will be resuming as of Tuesday, April 25th after a three month interruption.
The Marathon RAAM Clinic is a welcoming, judgement-free and low barrier walk-in clinic for individuals who are experiencing challenges with substance use and looking for additional support in making changes in their lives. Those who are seeking support can drop-in at MFHT on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:00pm and 4:30pm.
The RAAM Clinic team includes an Addiction Program Care Coordinator, Peer Support Worker, Mental Health Worker and a Physician who offer the following services:
- Assessment of substance use concerns
- Review of treatment options
- Education on harm reduction when obtaining supplies
- Counselling and peer support, including relapse prevention planning
- Education on overdose prevention and the use of Naloxone
- Review of opioid replacement therapy
- Referrals to community supports
- Referrals to longer-term supports for ongoing treatment if required
Any individual 16 years and older is encouraged and welcomed to reach out if they are interested in receiving specialized addiction care and counselling in a healing environment.
For more information, please contact Jewley Cameron, Addiction Program Care Coordinator, at 807-229-2163.