Are you thinking about increasing your physical activity levels but aren’t sure where to start? Consider booking an appointment with a Registered Kinesiologist.
What is a Registered Kinesiologist?
Registered Kinesiologists use evidence-based research to treat and prevent injury and disease, and to improve movement and performance. Kinesiologists work with people of all ages and physical abilities to help them achieve their health and wellness goals and improve their quality of life.
Why see a Registered Kinesiologist?
A Registered Kinesiologist can help with:
- Assessing and monitoring fitness levels
- Preventing and managing chronic conditions (e.g. diabetes, heart disease, fatty liver)
- Setting goals around increasing physical activity levels
- Providing individualized exercise programs
- Providing advice and education about health as it relates to physical activity
Who can use this service?
Exercise coaching at the MFHT is for patients of all ages.
How do patients of the MFHT access exercise support?
If you think you would benefit from an appointment with a Registered Kinesiologist, please speak with your healthcare provider or call the clinic to self-refer. All visits are covered by the Ontario Ministry of Health for patients of the MFHT.