Do you have questions about how the food you eat affects your health? Consider booking an appointment with a Registered Dietitian.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
Registered Dietitians are trained food and nutrition experts. They translate scientific, medical and nutrition evidence into practical information and help individuals, their families and communities to access nutrition for health.
Why see a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian can help with:
- Digestive concerns (constipation, diarrhea, diverticulitis, bloating, heartburn, IBS, colitis)
- Celiac Disease and other food allergies
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Picky eating and toddlers
- Healthy aging (bone health, malnutrition)
- Kidney stones
- General healthy eating (eating on a budget, plant-based diets, sports nutrition, meal planning, mindful eating, understanding food labels)
- Preventing and managing diabetes, fatty liver and heart disease
Who can use this service?
Nutrition counseling at the MFHT is for clients of all ages.
How do clients of the MFHT access nutrition support?
If you think you would benefit from an appointment with a Registered Dietitian, please speak with your healthcare provider or call the clinic to self-refer. All visits are covered by the Ontario Ministry of Health for clients of the MFHT.