Did you know that you can access free, confidential health advice 24/7? Whether you need guidance from a registered nurse, want to find local health services, or seek trusted health information, Health811 has you covered!
Call 811 (TTY: 1-866-797-0007), chat online, or visit ontario.ca/health811.
You can access Health811 for assistance with a variety of health-related questions and concerns. For example:
- You are feeling unwell and unsure what to do about it.
- You have a headache that won’t go away.
- Your child feels warm and may be running a fever.
- You wish to speak to someone about a loved one with dementia.
- You need information about healthy eating.
- You noticed a rash that wasn’t there the day before.
- You recently had surgery and have a question about how to take care of yourself after the operation.
- You are concerned about your mental health and want to speak with a professional.
- You are seeking information about health services in your area.
- You have a chronic condition like diabetes and want advice on how to manage it at home.
Their services are available in English, French, and over 200 languages, including Indigenous languages.
Remember, Health811 is for non-urgent health care information and referrals—it’s not a substitute for 911 in emergencies or regular check-ins with your healthcare provider.